Deadline: September 11, 2017
Salary: $21.51 Hourly
- The City of Goodyear is currently recruiting for the position of Recruit Firefighter. The Recruit Firefighter will attend a regional fire academy to learn and be tested on the general duty of Firefighters work. Recruit Firefighters are sent to a regional fire academy for training in firefighting methods, emergency medical service, fire code enforcement and prevention practices, salvage operations, public relations, physical fitness and associated topics to prepare for appointment as a Firefighter. After successful completion of a regional fire academy , employees are promoted to the class of Firefighter.
- Prior to graduation from regional fire academy: $21.51
- After graduation and assigned to 48 hour shifts: $15.59
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Arizona State Certified Emergency Medical Care Technician (EMCT) or Paramedic or Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic
- CPAT within the last six months
*Candidates will need to upload a copy of their current State of Arizona EMCT or Paramedic OR National Registry EMT or Paramedic certification and a copy of your current CPAT. This can be easily uploaded with your application, if you are experiencing difficulty you can email a copy to Sabrina Dezso in the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Testing Network Requirements– The Goodyear Fire Department will be utilizing the National Testing Network for the written portion of the exam. The exam can be taken at the Arizona testing center, which is located at 4840 S. 33rd Street; Phoenix, AZ 85040. Non-Arizona residents can utilize any NTN site for the written exam and CPAT. To schedule your exam, contact the National Testing Network at 1-866-563-3882. The cost of the written exam is $50.00 with an additional $125.00 for the CPAT portion of the examination process. The National Testing Network only allows candidates to take the written exam one time every three months. If you have taken the exam within the last three months, there is a $9.50 test transfer cost to have your exam sent to the Goodyear Fire Department. The written exam must be completed no later than Friday, September 8, 2017. Fore more information about the National Testing Network, please visit the following link: nationaltestingnetwork.com
Examination process for this position will include: Written Exam, Peer Interview Oral Board, and practical evaluation. The practical evaluation will take place in October 2017 and will be approximately 20 hours over the course of a weekend beginning Friday evening and ending Sunday evening.
First Year Objectives
- Successfully complete firefighter recruit training at an accredited regional fire academy
- Obtain Firefighter I & II certification through the Arizona Center For Fire Service Excellence
- Obtain Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations certification through the Arizona Center For Fire Service Excellence
- Successfully pass 9 month evaluations
- Successfully complete the Trial Period Firefighter Task Book
- Complete the City of Goodyear Employee Orientation Process
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.