Deadline: September 4, 2015
- Certified State of Illinois Fire Officer I at time of application
- Certified State of Illinois Fire Officer II within two (2) years of appointment
- Completion of NIMS IS100, IS200, IS300, IS400, IS700 and IS800 at time of appointment
- Certified State of Illinois Incident Safety Officer or the ability to attain certification within one (1) year of appointment
- Must have experience managing budgets, programs and projects
- Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills, effective communications skills, extensive management skills knowledge and the ability to work well with subordinates and supervisors
- The ideal candidate will have a highly productive work ethic and demonstrate the ability to lead calmly under pressure while uncompromisingly pursuing the goals of the department
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
- Must maintain the physical and mental ability to perform the essential functions of the Districtâ€™s firefighterâ€™s job description Preferred qualifications and experience:
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree from a 4 year university is desirable or work experience specific to the position that exhibits qualification (incident command, experience managing multiple companies) as a Battalion Chief/shift commander managing multiple people and multiple projects
- Completion of, or the ability to complete within two (2) years of appointment, the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program
- Special Teams certifications in the State of Illinois (Technical Rescue Awareness, Rope Rescue, Confined Space, Hazardous Materials, Structural Collapse)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the fire service with minimum of five (5) years at the rank of Lieutenant or higher.
How to Apply: The full job description and application packet can be found HERE.
Please submit a completed Application Packet and all other required documentation to:
McHenry Township Fire Protection District
3610 W. Elm St.
McHenry, IL 60050
Attn: Battalion Chief Process