Deadline: November 20, 2017
Salary: $72,873.00 Annually
This position is open to all qualified internal and external persons.
The position of Battalion Chief – Shift Commander (56 hr. /week) is an administrative and supervisory position under the direction of the Deputy Fire Chief of Operations and the Assistant Fire Chief. The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of Company Officers and Shift personnel.
- Prioritizing of the safety of all personnel during emergency and non-emergency activities.
- Development and coordination of Shift rosters and personnel assignments.
- Coordination and communication of all Shift activities during the duty day.
- Ensuring strong incident management procedures for all incidents.
- Assistance in the planning, organization, and direction any assigned programs and projects.
Minimum requirements at the time of hire include:
- 1) At time of hire
- a) Be at least 18 years of age.
- b) Hold an Associate Degree (2 yrs.) from an accredited college.
- c) Hold the following State of Wisconsin certifications:
- (1) Fire Officer I
- (2) Driver/Operator – Pumper
- (3) Certified and licensed as a State of Wisconsin EMT
- d) Hold a valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license.
- e) Have a minimum of 5 years firefighting experience with at least 2 years managerial or
- f) Have the capacity to work effectively with the Assistant Fire Chief and other members of the
management team of the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and to perform all responsibilities
assigned to the rank of Battalion Chief.
- 2) Additional preferred certifications
- a) Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science or a closely related field.
- b) Fire Inspector I
- c) Emergency Services Instructor I
- d) Driver/Operator – Aerial
- e) State of Wisconsin AEMT
- f) Paramedic
- 1) At time of hire
APPLICATIONS: Applications may be obtained at the Menomonee Falls Fire Department Station #3 at W140 N7501 Lilly Road or online at: http://www.menomonee-falls.org/jobs.aspx
Following the Application deadline:
- Applications will be reviewed and scored based on predetermined values established by the Police & Fire Commission.
- Applicants meeting predetermined standards/values will be invited to an Assessment Center.
- Applicants successfully completing the Assessment Center will be invited to a formal interview
with the Police & Fire Commission.
- The Assessment Center will be held the week of December 11th thru the 15th times will be determined.
Annual Starting Pay, Benefits and Work Week:
Wisconsin Retirement System; Medical; Dental; Vision; and Life 56 hours
Deadline for Applications is 4:00 PM on Monday, November 20, 2017
Applicants and all supporting documentation must be submitted to the Human Resources Department. Failure to complete all materials will disqualify you from further consideration.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.