Entry Level or Lateral Transfer Firefighter/Paramedic
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Salary: $53,393-$72,924 Per Year
Lateral Transfer Firefighter/Paramedic:
Experience and Training
- Three years full-time equivalent, paid experience as a Firefighter-Paramedic or Paramedic, including at least two years as a paid Firefighter-Paramedic. A high school diploma or GED. An Associateâ€™s degree in Fire Science, Paramedic Technology, or related field preferred.
License or Certificates:
- Oregon Paramedic License required by hire date of January 4, 2016. National Registry Paramedics or Paramedics registered in another state must meet the State of Oregon Paramedic requirements and are responsible for applying for reciprocity to ensure they have an Oregon Paramedic license by January 4, 2016. You can view reciprocity information via the State of Oregon Public Health web-site. A provisional license would not meet this requirement.
- NFPA Firefighter II or equivalent.*
- HazMat Operations level certification or equivalent.*
- Wildland Firefighter Type II (FFT2) or equivalent.*
- Valid Oregon driverâ€™s license or, the ability to obtain by date of hire; must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the Cityâ€™s standard
Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic:
Experience and Training:
- Two years’ education and/or experience required. Emergency medicine, firefighting, or related experience (e.g., building, construction, heavy equipment operation, etc.) may be combined with related college coursework in Emergency Medicine or Fire Science to add up to the two years
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An Associateâ€™s degree in Fire Science, Paramedic Technology, or related field(s) preferred.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a Eugene Springfield Fire firefighter training program within the first year of employment.
License or Certificate:
- Oregon Paramedic license by March 1, 2016.
- National Registry Paramedics or Paramedics registered in another state must meet the State of Oregon Paramedic requirements and are responsible for applying for reciprocity to ensure they have an Oregon Paramedic license by March 1, 2016.
How to Apply: To apply and see full job descriptions for ether position click HERE.
Oops! We could not locate your form.