FIRE PREVENTION INSPECTOR
Deadline: May 22, 2015
Salary: $ 6,531.20 – $8,092.93 Monthly
- One (1) year of college-level coursework (30 semester units or 45 quarter units) from an accredited college or university in skilled or construction trades, fire administration/science/technology, engineering or a directly related field.
- An Associateâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university in a directly-related field may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis up to one (1) year.
- Three (3) years experience as a building inspector, public works inspector, construction inspector, engineering assistant or equivalent fire prevention inspection experience.
- Due to performance of field duties that require operation of a motor vehicle, a valid California driverâ€™s license and an acceptable driving record are required at time of appointment. Possession of PC 832 certification is desirable.
- Certification from the International Code Council (ICC), California Building Officials (CALBO), or possession of a Public Works Inspectors Certificate, or certification as a Building Inspector, is preferred.
- Must satisfactorily complete California State Fire Training Course: Fire Prevention 1A, 1B and 1C (or equivalent) within the probationary period
How to Apply: An on-line application must be completed in its entirety (Application can be found at the website listed below or by clicking HERE). All applications will be closely reviewed for relevant experience, education and training. Depending on the applicant pool, all applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will NOT necessarily be selected to participate in the hiring process. Applicants who BEST meet the City’s needs will be invited to a qualifications assessment, which may includeÂ a job-related writing exercise and will include anÂ oral board examination (weighted 100%). Candidates successful at obtaining a passing scoreÂ will be placed on the employment eligible list from which hires may be made. The employment eligible list may be valid for one year, unless exhausted sooner. Upon a conditional offer of employment a pre-placement medical evaluation, drug screen (select positions), TB screening and Livescan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results. Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
IMPORTANT: In-house candidates who did not apply by the closing date of the promotional recruitment may apply to this “open” recruitment. However, they will compete based on the standards established for the “open” recruitment and if successful, will place on the “open” eligible list.