Deadline: July 15, 2015
Salary: $38,837.76 – $71,485.44 Per Year
- Current State Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance
- Current State of Florida EMT Basic (or) Paramedic Certificate
- Current CPR (and/or) ACLS Card
- Current CPAT (and) from the National Testing Network (NTN)
How to Apply:
- COMPLETE CPAT & FIRETEAM: Prior to submitting an application for employment as a Firefighter, you must successfully complete both the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) and the FireTEAM assessments. The National Testing Network (NTN) offers both CPAT and FireTEAM. To learn more about CPAT and FireTEAM and to sign up for testing go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays. During the registration process, make certain you select City of Tampa to receive your test results; upon completion of CPAT and FireTEAM your test results will automatically be forwarded to us.
- COMPLETE THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Employment applications are not accepted until CPAT and FireTEAM are successfully completed. Once successfully completed, log onto tampagov.net/jobs and fill out the application for employment. Be certain to complete all sections of the application. All information provided on your application (as well as in all other phases of the employment process) must be true, accurate, up-to-date, and without omission.
- SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Legible copies of the documents must be submitted at the time of application. Applications are not processed until all required documents have been received by Employment Services.
- See the National Testing Networks website for complete job description and further instructions on how to take the required tests and which documents are required.
Oops! We could not locate your form.