Firefighter or Firefighter/Paramedic
Deadline: June 1, 2015
Salary: FF-$12.60 Per Hour or FF/P-$13.25 Per Hour
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have and maintain a valid certification as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic and be duly licensed by the State of New Mexico while employed in this position.
- Background in the fire-fighting experience is preferred.
- Ability to administer appropriate emergency medical services according to techniques and procedures approved by the State of New Mexico.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in stressful situations.
- Ability to ascertain the best means of fire suppression.
- Ability to maintain and operate all fire equipment.
- Ability to effectively respond to the needs of those affected by the fire or emergency.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with volunteer chiefs, other supervisors, volunteer firefighters, emergency medical services personnel, law enforcement officers and the general public.Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.