Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic
Deadline: June 22, 2015
Salary: $40,046 – $53,681 Per Year
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age at time of appointment.
- Valid ARIZONA State Driver’s License
- Ability to meet the fire district physical standards.
- Ability to pass a rigorous background investigation.
Minimum Education, Experience and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Arizona State Certified Firefighter 1 and 2 certification or equivalent.
- Current Arizona Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic certification, or a current National Registry certification with the ability to obtain an Arizona certification prior to date of hire.
- Completion of NIMS certifications IS-700 and IS-100.
- Equivalent to an Associateâ€™s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in fire science, public administration or other course work directly related to the core functions of this position.
How to Apply: Application and Testing at National Testing Network (NTN) will begin May 25, 2015 and will close on June 22, 2015 at 5pm PST. Candidates are expected to schedule and pay for their testing through the normal NTN process.
Applicants must also submit a current resume and proof of the following to Lisa Beck via email at Lisa@mountainvistafire.org by 5pm PST, June 22, 2015:
- High School, GED or higher education diploma
- Arizona State Certified Firefighter 1 and 2 certification or equivalent
- Current Arizona Paramedic certification or a current National Registry certification
- Completion of NIMS certifications IS-700 and IS-100
Applicants must have a current NTN Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) at time of hire.
Additional information can be found on the employment page of the Mountain Vista Fire District or by clicking on their homepage below.