Emergency Medical Personnel- Paramedic
Deadline: October 31, 2015
Salary: $47,840 annually
Respond to medical emergency calls and provide medical attention in a pre-hospital setting.
Pay:Â $47,840 annually (non-exempt) plus generous benefits package (see benefit tab)
Essential Duties:Duties include (but are not limited to): evaluate patientsâ€™ signs and symptoms and apply first-aid or life support as needed; operate equipment needed effectively; extricate and transport patients; inspect, clean and maintain vehicles, equipment and property; inventory and maintain supplies and materials; complete required paperwork and forms; follow departmental protocols and governing rules and regulations; other duties as assigned to benefit the Department of Public Safety.Â
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- State certified Southwestern IL EMS System certified Paramedic;
- Meet the Stateâ€™s continuing education & 2 year recertification requirement;
- Must be able to achieve a passing score on an EMS basic skills pre-employment examination;
- Skills and temperament to handle medical emergencies in a competent, calm, non-stressed fashion;
- A valid driverâ€™s license in good standing (Class B within 45 days);
- Ability to efficiently and courteously interact with people;
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing;
- Ability to run, walk, stand, sit, climb stairs and climb obstacles;
- Ability to lift, pick-up and carry objects, equipment or people (carry: 87 lbs; lift: 130 lbs) and pass an essential functions evaluation (physical);
- Work in hot, cold, wet and other undesirable environmental conditions
- Overtime and rotating shift work (24 hour shifts);
- Regular attendance.
Supplemental Information:In addition to completing the online application, upload copies of your unexpired professional license(es) as well as a resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.