Salary: $12.00 – $13.20 Hourly
The Beverly Hills Fire Department Fire Cadet Program is designed to develop future firefighter candidates and to help them to reach their ultimate career goals. Through a process of continuing education, working with fire service professionals, and on the job training opportunities, interested candidates should be able to bring themselves closer to a goal of a fire service career.
Incumbents may remain in the program for up to a maximum of (4) years from time of appointment.
Part-time, temporary, and seasonal workers are at-will employees. Generally, Part-Time Hourly employees are limited to no more than 1,000 hours per fiscal year (July-June).
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the Fire Department, through a variety of assignments, some part of a daily routine and others performed as the need arises.
- May be assigned to work in any division of the Fire Department: Administration, Fire Prevention, Fire Suppression, Emergency Medical, CPR or Vehicle Maintenance.
- Assignments may be of short or long duration, with a Cadet working in several different areas within a single day. Assignments might include:
- Assisting with vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Assisting with training classes and drills; helping with papers, props, visual aides, etc;
- Assisting Fire Prevention Bureau personnel with public education presentations;
- Delivering mail parts and packages; picking up parts, supplies, and equipment from vendors and retailers;
- Answering phones, receiving the public at the front desk;
- Performing clerical functions, such as copying, filing and general office work;
- Any other reasonable task that supervisors might assign.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Must currently be enrolled in college in Public Administration, Business Administration, Fire Science, EMT-1, or related field, taking at least 9 semester units (or 18 units per school year).
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.