Deadline: September 15, 2016
Salary: $49,040.29 Annually
Performs general firefighting, fire prevention and emergency medical duties for the residents and visitors of the City.
Essential Function Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages in firefighting duties
- Responds to fire and emergency alarms and requests for assistance
- Performs routine firefighting duties and maintenance work on fire apparatus, vehicles and at fire station
- Provides basic and advanced life support medical care
- Engages in fire prevention work
- Participates in departmental classes, meetings, drills and training, as required
- Operates a variety of equipment including firefighting equipment, extrication equipment, hand and power tools
- Drives and operates fire apparatus
- Participates in public education
- Complies with established policies, procedures, and Standard Operating Guidelines for efficient and effective fire department operations
- Maintains personal and communal fire house living space
- Performs any other related work as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Florida Firefighter Standards
- Certification as State of Florida Paramedic
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License
- Must possess and maintain State of Florida Certification for Firefighter and Paramedic.
- Proof of successful completion of physical agility testing by a State-certified fire training center within the last year.
- Must have documentation attesting to successful completion of a 16 hour Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC).
- Have not been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or control substances in the preceding 36 month period in Florida or any other state.
- Have not had a Driver’s License suspended under the point system in the past 36 months, as provided for in the Florida Statute, Chapter 322.
- Have not been convicted of 3 moving violations in the preceding 24 month period in Florida or any other state.
- All required certifications listed above and any other certifications, which may be required by the State of Florida or the City of Palm Beach Gardens maintained throughout term of employment to retain this classification.
- All new hires shall comply with Florida State Statute 633.34(6) regarding tobacco products and during their term of employment shall remain tobacco free.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to meet Departmental physical standards.
- Must successfully pass the City of Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue Department swim test.
- Required to meet all the requirements in the Florida State Statute Number 633.34, “Firefighter; Qualifications for employment.”
- Two (2) years full-time experience as a Firefighter Paramedic preferred
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Must provide copy of Florida Firefighter Standards, State of Florida Paramedic certification, completion of 16-hour Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC), and Florida driver’s license.
- Must provide proof of highest level of education (copy of transcripts, diploma/degree, indicating completion of diploma/degree).
The City of Palm Beach GardensÂ is accepting test results for Fire MedicÂ to establish an eligibility list. In this first step of the process, applicants must achieve a passing score on the Fire Team.Â ***This is accomplished through the National Testing Network (NTN). To apply: go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com.Â In addition, you must have valid CPAT results, within 6 monthsÂ of the closing date.Â
DO NOT call the City of Palm Beach GardensÂ for selection status.â€¨â€¨***We will be hostingÂ the Fire Team, through the National Testing Network, on Friday, August 26, 2016, at 9:00 a.m., and 1:00p.m.Â If you have already tested, with the National Testing Network, Fire Team, you do not need to attend these sessions.Â Candidates may also take the Fire TeamÂ at another location, hosted byÂ the National Testing Network, but must do so, prior to September 15, 2016.Â The location of the assessment is 10500 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410, EOC, building, Room A.Â Â Â Â
Please refer to the following link, for more information on Fire Team: http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.