Fire Prevention Inspector
Deadline: April 2, 2018
The LEMONT FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT is seeking qualified applicants for the position of FULL TIME FIRE INSPECTOR. The purpose of this position is to enforce compliance of all fire and life safety codes, to decrease the risks of fire, hazards and conditions detrimental to life or health, and to educate the public on fire safety. This position will be responsible for performing fire and life safety inspections of fire suppression systems, fire alarm systems, hazardous materials permitting, and commercial/residential buildings.
Under the direction of the Fire Marshal, essential duties include: conducting inspections during various phases of construction of multi-family residential structures, commercial and industrial projects in order to ensure compliance with codes and regulations. Additional duties include completing reports, maintaining files and entering data, testifying in court (if required), interacting with residents, business owners, builders, contractors and vendors, and performing other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- OSFM Basic Fire Prevention Officer
- 3 years’ experience in fire inspection preferably in local government.
- Basic office and computer skills. Preferred Qualifications
- Associates Degree
- Advance Fire Prevention Officer
- Plans examiner certification
- OSFM Fire & Life Safety EducatorThe successful applicant will be subject to a pre-employment criminal history background investigation and medical screening, which will include a drug testSalary: Competitive salary based on experience. Benefit package included.
Applications: May be printed from website, www.lemontfire.com or picked up, in person by applicant, at Lemont Fire District, Station 1, 15900 New Avenue, between 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Completed applications, along with a resume, can be dropped off or mailed to: Lemont Fire Protection District, Attn: Fire Marshal Benjamin DeAnda, 15900 New Avenue, Lemont, IL 60439. Open until filled, first review April 2, 2018.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.