Deadline: September 14, 2016
Salary: $36,795.20 – $57,616.00 Annually
These positions are eligible for the Town of Apex comprehensive benefits package.Â For more information see Â http://www.apexnc.org/163/Employee-Benefits.
For more information about theÂ Town, see 5 reasons why Apex is known as the Peak of Good Living seeÂ Â http://www.apexnc.org/DocumentCenter/View/12197
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of modern methods of attacking fire emergencies and of the use and maintenance of firefighting apparatus and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of incident response including response to hazardous materials spills and emergency medical service calls.
- Considerable knowledge of emergency medical procedures as a First Responder.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
- General knowledge of Town streets and layout.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, volunteers, officials, and members of the public, and to speak effectively before groups in public educational situations.
- Ability to make sound judgments in emergency situations
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Graduation from High School or GED.
- Possession of a valid classÂ C driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina or eligibility for possession.
- NC Firefighter Certification (Firefighter II)
- NC Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- NC Hazardous Materials Level I Responder
- Incident Command Courses meeting NFPA 1561/NIMS-ICS 100,200,700 and 800.
- Successful completion ofÂ a physical agility test.
- Successfully passÂ a physical health screening.
- Requires drug testing and backgroundÂ verification including references, criminal record and driver’s license checksÂ prior to employment.
SeeÂ http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Rescue_Commission/apps/Student_Transcript.aspxÂ for more information.
Candidates may also produce National Registry EMT-B for reciprocity through NCOEMS.
Anticipated Timeline for Recruitment Process:
September 19, 2016
September 27, 2016.
Practice Dates for Agility Testing:Â
October 3, 2016 from 0930-1400
October 13, 2016
October 14, 2016-Only if number of candidates dictates need for this date.
October 15, 2016
October 17, 2016
October 26, 2016
October 27, 2016
October 28, 2016-Only if number of candidates dictates need for this date.