Deadline: August 31, 2015
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States as of August 31, 2015.
- Applicants must meet residency preferences specified on the Fire Fighter Fact Sheet as of August 31, 2015.
- Applicants must be high school or vocational high school graduates, or possess an approved high school equivalent certificate by August 31, 2015.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years oldÂ but not over 35 years oldÂ (one is over 35 years old on the day after his or her 35th birthday) by August 31, 2015, except that volunteer fire fighters must not be over 40 years oldÂ as of their appointment date.Â Some military service may also be subtracted from one’s ageÂ (See Fact Sheet).
- Candidates certified from the eligible list may be required to undergo a medical and psychiatric examination administered by the hiring agency.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
- For some jurisdictions, once appointed, employees may be required to successfully complete an approved Emergency Medical Technician program and maintain certification while employed as a Fire Fighter.Â Please contact the hiring agency of interest to determine if you will be required to obtain the EMT certification after you are hired.
- CPR Certification:Â Appointees may be required to possess a current and valid CPR Certification issued by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Candidates must be residents of New Jersey as of August 31, 2015 and as of their appointment date to a Fire Fighter position.
How to Apply: Complete job description and application instruction can be found HERE.
Oops! We could not locate your form.