Salary: $30,000.00 Annually
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to fires and performs fire suppression activities utilizing firefighting equipment and techniques.
- Performs rescue, salvage, and overhaul operations.
- Administers first aid and/or CPR
- Performs housekeeping, building maintenance, and grounds keeping duties.
- Inspects assigned apparatus and equipment; cleans and performs routine maintenance on same.
- Assists in preparing pre-fire plans, completing reports, and providing training.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Proof of Education
- Valid driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- DD214 Member-4 (from those with military experience)
- Considerable knowledge of firefighting and rescue techniques, apparatus and equipment, hydraulics, and hazardous materials.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal fire codes, NFPA guidelines, departmental and County rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, and local geography, streets, buildings, and fire hydrant locations.
- Proficiency in building construction and basic mechanics, recognizing potential fire hazards, and interpersonal relations.
- Mastery of first aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong people skills.
- Must successfully complete the Augusta Fire Department firefighter recruit training program within four (4) months of beginning program.
- Must be a certified state of Georgia Emergency Medical Technician within twelve (12) months after hiring date.
- Possess or have ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act.
Must have a current valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Possess or have the ability to meet current fitness requirements set forth by NFPA1582.
- Ability to annually pass the Georgia Certified Firefighters Physical Agilities Test within seven (7) minutes or less.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.