Deadline: December 14, 2018
Salary: $33,684.00 Annually
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to fires and performs fire suppression activities utilizing firefighting equipment and techniques.
- Performs rescue, salvage, and overhaul operations.
- Administers first aid and/or CPR
- Performs housekeeping, building maintenance, and grounds keeping duties.
- Inspects assigned apparatus and equipment; cleans and performs routine maintenance on same.
- Assists in preparing pre-fire plans, completing reports, and providing training.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Proof of Education
- Valid driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card *Social Security card must be signed and CANNOT be laminated*
- DD214 Member-4 (from those with military experience)
- Considerable knowledge of firefighting and rescue techniques, apparatus and equipment, hydraulics, and hazardous materials.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal fire codes, NFPA guidelines, departmental and County rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, and local geography, streets, buildings, and fire hydrant locations.
- Proficiency in building construction and basic mechanics, recognizing potential fire hazards, and interpersonal relations.
- Mastery of first aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral .
- Strong people skills.
- Must successfully complete the Augusta Fire Department firefighter recruit training program within four (4) months of beginning program.
- Must be a certified state of Georgia Emergency Medical Technician Basic within twelve (12) months after hiring date.
- Possess or have ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act.
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. If driver’s license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, new hire must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment. ***This position requires driving a county vehicle.***Physical Requirements:
- Possess or have the ability to meet current fitness requirements set forth by NFPA1582.
- Ability to annually pass the Georgia Certified Firefighters Physical Agilities Test within seven (7) minutes or less.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.