Deadline: July 8, 2016
The city is accepting applications starting April 23, 2016 — email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax toÂ 269-966-3644, or mail to City Hall, 10 N. Division St., Battle Creek, MI 49014, with attention to Human Resources. Applications will be accepted through July 8, 2016.
There is a non-refundable $20 testing fee at the time of application submission. Please note that, if you email or fax your application, it’s not complete until you submit the fee payment. City Hall business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For our written exam, we use human resources company I/O Solutions. As Chief explains in the above video, you can purchase a study guide to help you prepare. The standard guide is $6.95 and the enhanced, which includes a practice test, is $19.95.
The Employment Process
- Request, complete, and return an application for employment (PDF).
- Participate in the entry-level written Civil Service Examination, scheduled for Aug. 8, 2016.
- If examination is accomplished with a 70 percent or higher, a Physical Agility exam will be scheduled. The Physical Agility consists of an obstacle course simulation of various firefighting tasks, with time restrictions. Practice times are allowed before the actual testing occurs.Â Stay tuned for more information on the agility exam, including a video demonstrating some of the components.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the Physical Agility, an oral interview is held before a panel. Practice times also will be available for those who may not have participated in an oral exam before.
- The scores from the written and oral examinations are combined and individuals are placed on an eligibility list. When job openings become available, candidates are considered in groups of five, starting at the top of the list. This list will remain in effect for 2 years.
Please review the cityÂ Employment Process page for more information.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.