Deadline: October 9, 2015
Salary:Â $34,157.27 (upon academy graduation and completion of 12-month probationary period)*
*A new employee is on probation for (12) twelve months after completing all necessary training courses (Firefighter II certification). Â If a new employee already has the minimum level of training (Firefighter II certification), that employee’s probationary period will be (12) twelve months from their date of hire.
Sworn Fire Service Personnel:Â 3
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Beardstown Board of Fire and Police Commissioners:Â
- U.S. citizenship;
- Minimum of 21 years of age AND not over the age of 35Â at time of appointment, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for crimes of moral turpitude;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision with good depth perception and cannot be colorblind;
- Successfully complete the P.O.W.E.R. Test. All applicants will be required to participate in the physical agility test administered onÂ the same day as the written examination.Â Be advised you will need to have a healthcare provider complete a Physician Release Form as part of this application;
- Must successfully complete a written examination. Â Candidates achieving a passing score will move onto the oral interview stage;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and psychological testing. Â NOTE: All applicants will be required to fully disclose all personal matters, to include agreements and sealed files;
- Must successfully complete a medical and visual examination, including drug and alcohol screening;
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the City of Beardstown Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the following:Â
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged.Â A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
ApplicationsÂ MUSTÂ be submitted onlineÂ by Friday, October 9, 2015 at 4:00 PMÂ (CST).Â Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline willÂ NOTÂ be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation, P.O.W.E.R. Testing, andÂ Written Examination:Â Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following.
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date:Â All candidates will receive an emailÂ approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, October 24, 2015 – Starts promptly at 9 a.m.
Location: Beardstown High School
500 East 15th Street
Beardstown, IL 62618
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit the required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, the following documents must be submitted with your application and received prior to the deadline:
- Copy of valid driver’s license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of high school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- G.E.D. equivalency;
- Copy of DD-214 indicating discharge status for military personnel;
Completed Physician Release Form
How to Apply:Â The application full job description can be found HERE