Deadline: November 2, 2016
Salary: $46,468.26 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Bellwood is now accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Firefighter
Testing is being conducted for new hires and to
establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs
Applications will be limited to the first 200 purchased
Applications will no longer be available once 200 applications have been purchased
The Fire Department is a member ofÂ Division 20 Mutual Aid Pact,Â which includes 17 neighboring communities. The pact is a member of theÂ MutualÂ Aid Alarm SystemÂ that covers Illinois.
The Village of Bellwood offers both residents and visitors an excellent infrastructure, a low crime rate, easy access via highways, streets and public transportation to one of the nationâ€™s most thriving metropolitan areas. Â Among its many other attributes, this close knit community has a long tradition of collaborating and networking to develop and execute special events, programs and initiatives that make Bellwood a great place to be just outside of Chicago.
Starting Salary: Â $46,468.26
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship:Â Â Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driverâ€™s License:Â Â Must possess a valid Driverâ€™s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driverâ€™s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirements:Â Â Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date of filing applications (11/02/16) and must be under the age of 35 years on 11/19/16 and when final register is posted unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 â€“ 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a certified full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department or fire protection district located in the State of Illinois.
- Education:Â Â Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High SchoolÂ Proficiency Statement.
- Residence:Â Â At this time there is no stated requirements for residency declared by the Village of Bellwood.
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Applications will be available online for purchase until
November 2, 2016 at 2:00 PM
applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Bellwood FD
200 W. Higgins Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. Â We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
All applicants must attend the Mandatory Orientation and Test Date
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Bellwood Village Hall
3200 Washington Blvd.
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Bellwood, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Test Taking Technique Class Available on:
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
at the Schaumburg office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Optional Program Available to Applicants
Call today to make your reservation
Cost of the Class is $25.00
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.