Deadline: December 2, 2016
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- US Citizen
- Valid Driver’s License (must have Illinois Driver’s License at time of hire and maintain license during the course of employment with the City of Berwyn)
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of written exam (1/7/2017)
- Certified Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic (at time of hire)
- Able to gain approval into Loyola Hospital EMS System upon employment
- Must be an Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Must have a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification issued within one year prior to 1/7/2017. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Must pass the City of Berwyn Supplemental Physical Abilities Test on testing day (1/7/2017) in order to continue onto the written examination
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Bi-lingual a plus
- Must be a resident of Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, McHenry, or Will County, Illinois at the time of employment at the end of probationary period of one (1) year.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 12/2/16 – documentation is not accepted via email):
â€¢Â Â Â Release Forms
â€¢Â Â Â Physical Fitness Certificate (Dr. signature required)
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of High School Diploma/GED
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of Driver’s License
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of Birth Record
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of IL OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certificate
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certificate
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
â€¢Â Â Â Copy of IDPH EMT-P License (if applicable)
Orientation, Physical Ability Test, and Written Examination Information:
Saturday, January 7, 2017.
Morton West High School
2401 Home Avenue
Berwyn, IL 60402
Arrive no later than 7:45 AM with a photo-ID to sign-in. Orientation begins at 8:00 AM and the Supplemental PAT will immediately follow. Only those who successfully pass the PAT will move onto the written examination. Testing is expected to take several hours and candidates are NOT allowed to leave the testing grounds.
Preference Points: Preference Points will be awarded for Military Veteran Status, Education, and Residency.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (12/2/16 at 2:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.