Applications Open: September 1-8, 2015
Salary: $2,588/month As a Cadet
- Must be at least 18 years of age, and not to exceed age 35.
- U.S. citizen (birth or naturalized). If you are not a United States citizen, your immigration status must be current and must permit you to work a full-time job in this country. If you have questions about your immigration status or work permit, please contact Immigration officials.
- Must have a valid Social Security Card.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
In order to be certified as eligible for a Fire CadetÂ position with the Austin Fire Department (at the time of the written exam):
- Government-Issued Photo ID.
- Requirement of 15 hours college credit from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of 2.0 GPA (calculated from all transcripts)