Deadline: June 21, 2017
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a class B non CDL
- Minimum age of 21 or maximum age of 35 at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be an Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM)
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) or National Registry EMT-Basic license at time of application deadline (EMT-P due at time of appointment)
- Must have current and valid CPAT and Ladder Climb dated within one year prior to the date of the oral interviews (candidates can submit these certifications at the oral interview)
Required Documentation due 6/21/17 – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Completed and confirmed online application
- Consent and release agreement
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of IL BOF/FF II Certification issued by the OSFM
- Copy of valid IDPH/Nat. Registry EMT-B license
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Saturday, July 22, 2017. Sign-in begins at 8:00 AM and closes at 8:30 AM – no late admittance. Test will be held at Carpentersville Public Works Building, 1075 Tamarac Drive, Carpentersville, IL 60110.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 6/21/17 at 4:00 PM.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.