Deadline: January 6, 2016 â€“ January 8, 2016
Salary: $68,000 Per Year
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Town of Cicero will be accepting applications for the position of full time firefighter with the Cicero Fire Department.
Application packages may be picked up from the office of the Fire and Police Commission located at 5410 W 34th St Cicero IL. onÂ ***Wednesday thru Friday beginning on 06 January 2016 and ending on 08 January 2016 between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.***Â Applications must be completed and returned along with all required documents in person by applicant only (with identification), to the Fire and Police Commission office at the Public Safety Building on ***Wednesday thru Friday beginning on 20 January 2016 and ending on 22 January 2016, between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.Â Â A non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee, payable with a certified check or money order only is due with completed application.***
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 35 at time of application
- Able to speak, read and write English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (30) hours of college credit. Military veteran (one year active duty minimum), active firefighter 2/paramedic accepted in lieu of college requirement.
- Possess a valid Illinois driverâ€™s license
- No criminal background.
- Certified copy of a birth certificate, or copy of naturalization papers
- Photo Copy of Social Security Card
- Photo Copy of valid Illinois driverâ€™s license
- Documentary proof of education (high school and college)
- Evidence of military record (Copy of DD 214)
- Photo Copy of qualifying certificates
- Recent color photo (passport size). Name and DOB printed on rear.
The above documents will be required at the time return of application and will not be returned.
There will be a Mandatory Orientation on 28 January 2016 beginning at 7:00PM SHARP at the Town of Cicero Community Center at 2250 S. 50 Ave., Cicero, IL. Admittance will not be allowed after 7:00PM. Those arriving after the deadline will be disqualified from the testing process.
Qualified applicants will be required to attend orientation and pass the following tests: written, physical agility, oral interview, psychological, polygraph, background investigation and medical examination to include alcohol/drug screening.
Note: The Commission reserves the right to refuse incomplete or incorrect application packages.
The Town of Cicero is an Equal Opportunity, Zero Tolerance Employer.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: The full job description can be found HERE.