Deadline: October 30, 2015
Salary: $42,602 Per Year
The Firefighter shall operate under the supervision of his Captain and/or Lieutenant and may be assigned the Lieutenantâ€™s authority and responsibilities in his/her absence as necessary. He/she shall support and enforce the policies, rules, and regulations of the Traverse City Fire Department. He/she shares responsibility for his/her crew members, department buildings and equipment. He/she will participate in duties on a rotational basis as assigned, providing himself/herself with the opportunity to participate in all aspects of fire suppression services activities.
- Have achieved Michigan Fire Fighter I and II Certifications and Michigan
- Paramedic License OR equivalent from another state.
- Maintain as a condition of employment:
- See Article 34 of the Current Collective Bargaining Agreement, Click HERE.
- Have a valid Michigan Driverâ€™s License.
- Have knowledge of emergency response tactics and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and capabilities of fire apparatus and equipment.
- Know the location of all the streets, and be familiar with major buildings and hydrants.
- Have the ability to act appropriately in stressful situations and practice professionalism in the performance of his duties.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.