Deadline: February 21, 2019
Salary: $31,145.00 – $46,718.00 Annually
Supervision for all personnel is maintained by the organizational command structure, and defined by rank under the appropriate job description. Under the supervision of a Lieutenant the primary responsibility of Firefighter is to protect life and property utilizing technical skills and is capable of utilizing the most modern equipment, methods, and techniques to undertake the full range of services with which the fire service is called upon to deal.
Public Job Description
• Apply all duties and responsibilities described in Probationary Firefighter job description.
• Fight fire, including in or around burning structures, utilizing various methods and tools including but not limited to; hose lines, nozzles, ladders, power tools, and extinguishers.
• Perform a variety of rescues using various equipment and techniques.
• Demonstrate physical endurance, agility, dexterity, and strength necessary to perform required duties.
• Effectively communicate verbally by means of two-way radio as well as person-to-person.
• Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with fellow employees and the public.
• Understand and apply all policies, and standard operating guidelines.
• Develop a basic understanding of the Incident Management System and take command of an incident, if first on scene, until relieved.
• Develop and learn basic pump operations.
• Develop detailed knowledge of city streets, highways and county responses.
• Develop effective communication methods by completing various records, and reports, in either electronic or paper form.
• Develop self discipline with an increasing level of commitment, motivation, responsibility, accountability, self esteem and respect.
• Develop technical skills including safety, fitness, firefighting, and special operations.
• Develop and learn effective approaches to customer service.
• Obtain Firefighter I and II IFSAC or State of New Mexico equivalent within two years.
• Obtain New Mexico EMT Basic license within one year.
Firefighters must have obtained a Firefighter I Certification. A valid driver’s licenses is required. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.