Deadline: July 19, 2016
Participate in public safety by responding to fire suppression, emergency medical services (EMS), technical rescue, and hazardous materials emergency responses.Â Participate in public education and fire prevention duties as needed.
Â Principal Duties:
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
1Â Provide firefighting, EMS, hazardous material, and technical rescue as needed to meet the fire departments mission.
2Â Assist in the maintenance and repair of fire department facilities, apparatus, and equipment.Â Report problems though the chain of command.
3Â Perform pre-fire plans of city businesses to identify potential hazards to firefighter safety.
4Â Participate in and assist with training classes, drills, and public education programs.
5Â Maintain all assigned PPE and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as required.
6Â Follow city and departmental policies.
7Â Drive ambulance and fire apparatus as needed.
8Â Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required:Â High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must have one of the following:
- TX-DSHS EMT-Paramedic or NREMT Paramedic
- TCFP Basic Structural Firefighting Certification and TX-DSHS EMT or NREMT-EMT
- Pro-board certifications in Firefighting I, Firefighting II, and Hazmat Awareness and Ops and TX-DSHS EMT or NREMTEMT
- IFSAC Seal (Firefighter I & II) and TXDSHS EMT or NREMT-EMT
- Knowledge of modern firefighting, technical rescue, EMS, and hazardous material techniques.
- Knowledge and proficiency of EMS Protocols.
- Knowledge of city streets, water supply systems, and fire suppression systems.
- Knowledge of breathing air compressor and cascade systems.
- Ability to achieve and maintain paramedic certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), state firefighter certification with Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), basic Structural Certification, or any other applicable certifications, as directed by the department.
- Ability to meet requirements of the Professional Development Guide for this position.
Â Supplemental Information:
Certified FF/Paramedic Candidates given Hiring Priority.Â
FF Entry Testing date:Â Saturday, July 30, 2016.
Deadline to Apply:Â Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Qualified candidates will be given further instructions via emailÂ once certifications have been confirmed.
See website for additional information regarding a career with the College Station Fire Department:
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.