Deadline: November 20, 2017
Salary: $34,632.00 Annually
Participate in public safety by responding to fire suppression, emergency medical services (EMS), technical rescue, and hazardous materials emergency responses. Participate in public education and fire prevention duties as needed.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide firefighting, EMS, hazardous material, and technical rescue as needed to meet the fire departments mission.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of fire department facilities, apparatus, and equipment. Report problems though the chain of command.
- Perform pre-fire plans of city businesses to identify potential hazards to firefighter safety.
- Participate in and assist with training classes, drills, and public education programs.
- Maintain all assigned PPE and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as required.
- Follow city and departmental policies.
- Drive ambulance and fire apparatus as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Texas Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) Certification, or EMT-P
Knowledge of modern firefighting, technical rescue, EMS, and hazardous material techniques.
Knowledge and proficiency of EMS Protocols.
Knowledge of city streets, water supply systems, and fire suppression systems.
Knowledge of breathing air compressor and cascade systems.
Ability to achieve and maintain paramedic certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), state firefighter certification with Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), basic Structural Certification, or any other applicable certifications, as directed by the department.
Ability to meet requirements of the Professional Development Guide for this position.
Written and Physical Testing will be on December 8, 2017. Eligible candidates will be contacted with more details upon verification of their qualifications.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.