Deadline: September 8, 2017
Salary: $45,959.00 – $64,120.00 Annually
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
QUALIFICATIONS: (For full job description, see online posting)
- Completion of a two-year Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or an appropriate combination of related college course work and experience which results in the ability to perform essential functions.
- Must be a licensed Paramedic in the State of Michigan or scheduled to take the exam by October 30, 2017.
- State of Michigan Firefighter I and II certifications required.
- Valid CPAT physical by October 14, 2017 is required.
- Valid Michigan driver license, with a good driving record.
- U. S. Citizen
- Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Written Firefighter and EMS knowledge examination will be given on Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:00a.m. and Monday, October 9, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. at the Dearborn Administration Center. You need only attend one of these dates. Attendance is required.
All entry-level criteria must be met, and copies of certifications and transcripts must be attached to online application.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING/LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- Must pass a psychological evaluation, pre-employment physical, drug screen, criminal history check and background investigation.
- All persons appointed to the position of Firefighter I must serve a 12-month probationary period. This working test period is considered a part of the examination process.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.