Deadline: May 24, 2017
Salary: $44,660.90 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Dolton are now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire and to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs
The Village of Dolton is a thriving community, boasting close to 25,000 residents. They are located approximately 23 miles south of Downtown Chicago, and has been referred as the “Gateway to the South Suburbs”, Dolton is one of the premier communities in the south suburbs.
The Dolton Fire Department consists of competent and valued professionals who are dedicated to providing life safety, emergency services, and educational programs for the protection of life and property within the community. Their mission is accomplished by holding devotion to duty above personal safety and comfort, continually challenging their members to enhance the quality of services provided, and working closely with the entire community in order to insure that they are meeting the needs of citizens in the Village of Dolton. The FireDepartment provides firefighting, fire prevention and paramedic medical service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is a full-time department housed in the firehouse at 14022 Park and 830 Engle Place.
Starting Salary: $44,660.90
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen OR legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain an Illinois driver’s license upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must have attained their 21st birthday by the last day for filing applications (5/24/17) and be under the age of 35 at the last day of application (5/24/17) unless exempt by the State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: At the completion of the 12 month probation period, applicant must have established their residence within 22 miles of the nearest corporate limit of the Village of Dolton, IL.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. (this is not a postmark date)
Applications will be online for purchase until 4/24/17 – 2:00 P.M.
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Dolton FD
200 W. Higgins Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application Fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date
Mandatory Orientation, Physical Assessment and Written Examination
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Registration 7:30 A.M. – 8:00 A.M.
Orientation – 8:00 A.M.
Physical Ability Test and Written Examination immediately following Orientation
(CPAT Cards will be accepted in lieu of Physical Test if card is issued between 11/24/16 and 5/24/17)
1515 East 5th Street (154th & Dorchester)
Dolton, IL 60419
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.