Firefighter-Fort Wayne Indiana Fire Department
Deadline: September 25, 2015
Salary:Â $44,221.00 Per Year
- Be a US Citizen or have attained citizenship prior to application date;
- Be 21-35 years old – must be 21 prior to application date and must be sworn in prior toÂ 36th birthday;
- Be able to speak clearly in English and be understood;
- Possess a valid Indiana Driverâ€™s License at theÂ start of the Academy;
- Be aÂ high school graduate or equivalent of;
- Be free of a felony conviction record.
Applicant must be physically capable of:
- Bending and stretching in order to accomplish tasks of pulling, pushing, grasping and carrying objects having a weight of 50 pounds or more;
- Donning and wearing approximately 50 pounds of protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus;
- Engaging in crawling, walking, climbing, prying, chopping and carrying scenarios;
- Occasionally dragging weights up to 200 pounds;
- Climbing ladders varying in length from 14â€™ to 110â€™;
- Withstanding periods of overheating and chilling often times in wet clothing.
Applicant must be mentally capable of:
- Demonstrating knowledge of elementary physics, chemistry, mechanics,Â math and reading comprehension;
- Functioning as part of a team at all times.
Applicant must be able to meet the following vision standards:
- Uncorrected â€“ binocular vision no worse than 20/100 (with exception for long term successful users of soft contact lenses);
- Corrected â€“ binocular vision no worse than 20/30 with worst eye no worse than 20/50;
- Color â€“ ability to identify red, green and yellow;
- Peripheral â€“ uncorrected field of vision no worse than 140 degrees in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
How to Apply: Full job description and application can be found HERE.