Deadline: September 28, 2016
Salary: $53,608.13 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Franklin Park is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic
Testing is being conducted for anticipated hiring needs and to establish a new Eligibility List for future hiring.
The members of the Franklin Park Fire Department are an organization of dedicated professionals who are committed to serving and protecting the lives and property of their community by providing the highest level of service and property protection. Â The Fire Department continually strives to meet the emergency needs of their residents and businesses for life safety. Â These services require a level of expertise that their fire personnel maintain through their diligent training and continuing education programs.
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship:Â Â Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driverâ€™s License:Â Â Must possess a valid Driverâ€™s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois License upon the time of hire.
- Age Requirements:Â Â Must be 21 years old at the time of application. (9/28/16) Â Must be under the age of 35 at the time of application (9/28/16) AND when Final Eligibility Register is posted unless exempt by Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2. 1-6.
- Education: Â Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Character:Â Â Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2. 1-6.Residence:Â Â At this time there are no stated requirements for residency declared by the Village of Franklin Park.
* Â Candidates must possess a valid CPAT Card with attainment no less than 12 months prior to the written exam â€“ will except CPAT Cards dated between 10/15/15 â€“ 10/15/16.
* Â Candidates must be certified as an EMT-P by the State of Illinois at the time of application
The application deadline is
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Applications will be available until
September 28, 2016 at 2:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Franklin Park FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. Â We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application Fee is non-refundable
Applicant must attend the mandatoryÂ
orientationÂ and test date
Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Registration starts at 6:30 PM
Â Franklin Park Police Station
9451 West Belmont
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 9:00 AM
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Franklin Park Police Station
9451 Belmont Avenue
Franklin Park, IL 60131
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Franklin Park which is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Test Taking Technique Class Available on:
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
at the Schaumburg office:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing ServiceÂ Optional Program Available to ApplicantsÂ Call today to make your reservation (847)310-2677
Cost of the Class is $25.00
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.