Deadline: September 17, 2017
Salary: $31,209.78 – $44,349.14 Annually
The City of Gainesville is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who is innovative and forward thinking that will embrace the organization’s citizen-centered vision. The community, its elected leaders, and executive leadership team have embraced this vision.
- Testing for the position of Certified Firefighter with the City of Gainesville/GFR is being offered through National Testing Network, Inc.(NTN).
- For testing inquires please contact NTN customer support services, 1-866-563-3882.
- NTN is a service provided to conduct entry level testing and CPAT testing in a standardized, professional environment.
- National Testing Network does not replace GFR’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process.
Selection Criteria for NTN testing are as follows:
- Must have successfully completed the CPAT within one year of applying.
- NTN Reading score of 70 or greater
- NTN Math score of 70 or greater
- Human Relations (HR) score of 75 or greater
- Mechanical score of 65 or greater
- Combined score (HR and Mechanical) of 70 or greater
To be considered for the Certified Firefighter position you must:
- SCHEDULE FOR TESTING at www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Gainesville Fire Rescue (GFR).
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED,
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of employment,
- Have a valid driver’s license (Class “D” or Commercial Driver License valid for driving emergency vehicles) on the date of employment,
- Have a valid State of Florida Firefighter certification,
- Have a valid State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification or Paramedic certification.
- Previous experience is not required!
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Review information related to the GFR Firefighter position, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- Detailed information is provided about the testing process for both the entry level test and CPAT testing.
- You will have an opportunity to take online practice tests at www.fireteamtest.com.
- You must schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
- You will have the opportunity to take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
- Upon completion of the entry level exam and CPAT testing, successful candidates will be automatically forwarded to GFR for further consideration.
- Multiple positions will be filled
- An Eligibility List may be established
Embracing change is the Gainesville way of life! Come join our team as we shift the culture from “No to Yes”, “from reactive to proactive,” “from policy-oriented to services-oriented”, and “from silos to teams”.
Valid State of Florida Fire Fighter certificate of compliance is required.
Valid State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic certification is required within one (1) year from date of hire.