Deadline: July 31, 2016
Salary: $33,483.00 – $36,593.00 Annually
The City of Greensboro is accepting applications for firefighters on a year-round basis. Recruit training is an intense 20-week program that demands high academic performance and daily rigorous physical activity, weight training, aerobic activities, periodic assessments on the physical abilities course and etc. Candidates must successfully complete physical training. Failure to do so at any point during the training period will result in termination. Upon successful completion of the training program, recruits will be assigned to a fire company (4-5 personnel) within the Emergency Services Division and serve a six-month probationary period. The work schedule will consist of one day (24 hours) on duty followed by two days (48 hours) off duty. Candidates must be in excellent health and have no conditions which would restrict their ability to safely perform these duties. These conditions must be met at the time of application and must be maintained throughout the application process. No residency requirements presently exist. Qualified applicants will be scheduled periodically throughout the year for hiring consideration. Applications will be active for 12 months. The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
- Minimum age: 18 (at the time you apply)
- Must have a valid drivers license from state of residence, with a reasonable driving record and NO DWI convictions within 3 years of applying.
- Must have a high school diploma/G.E.D. Certificate.
- Must pass a rigid physical examination and drug screen. (Far visual acuity shall be at least 20/30 binocular with contact lenses or spectacles. Far visual acuity uncorrected shall be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contact lenses or spectacles. Successful long-term soft lens wearers shall not be subject to uncorrected criterion).
- No conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude; one general court martial or more than one incidental court martial
- Must be a United States citizen or an alien who can provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must list at least three references on your application.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- College experience with a degree
- EMT-Basic Certification
Special Notes Concerning this Position:
- THIS IS A YEAR ROUND ON-GOING RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- This application requires that all applicants answer all supplemental questions.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.