Deadline: March 15, 2019
Salary: $35,995.00 – $36,593.00 Annually
In order to be considered for the Spring 2019 testing,
The City of Greensboro recruit training is an intense 21-week program of fire training, followed by 5 weeks of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training for those who are not EMT’s. This program demands high academic performance, daily rigorous physical activity, weight training, aerobic activities, periodic assessments on the physical abilities course, etc. Candidates must successfully complete physical training. Failure to do so at any point during the training period will result in termination. Upon successful completion of the training program, recruits will be assigned to a fire company (4-5 personnel) within the Emergency Services Division and serve a six-month probationary period. The work schedule will consist of one day (24 hours) on duty followed by two days (48 hours) off duty. Candidates must be in excellent health and have no conditions which would restrict their ability to safely perform these duties. These conditions must be met at the time of application and must be maintained throughout the application process. No residency requirements presently exist. Qualified applicants will be scheduled periodically throughout the year for hiring consideration. Applications will be active for 12 months. The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.Qualifications
- Minimum age: 18 (at the time you apply)
- Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence, with a reasonable driving record and NO DWI convictions within 3 years of applying
- Must pass the Firefighters Abilities Test (FFAT), Suitability Test and panel interview
- Must have high school diploma/G.E.D. Certificate
- Must pass a rigid medical examination, drug screen and background check
- Must be a United States citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants must list at least three references on your application.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- College experience with a degree
- EMT-Basic Certification
Special Notes Concerning this Position:
- City of Greensboro firefighters are not eligible to receive Social Security. However, firefighters are eligible to participate in LGERS, deferred comp, etc.
- This application requires that applicants answer “all “supplemental questions.
- *Reminder* Please Check Spam Filter or Junk Mail Folder for any possible email communication blockers.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.
Find More Jobs HERE!!