Deadline: September 25, 2015
Salary:Â $5,941.15 – $7,357.92 Monthly
The following must be met by time of application
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Possession of a valid California or a valid National Registry EMT certification (Copy of certificate must be attached/uploaded to your on-line application)
- Possession of Certificate of successful completion of Physical Abilities Test (PAT). Only CPAT or Biddle PAT, issued on or afterÂ September 14, 2014, will be accepted. (Copy of certificate must be attached/uploaded to your on-line application)
Must meetÂ at least one of the following requirements by time of application: (Copy of certification, proof of completion, or paystub must be attached/uploaded to your on-line application)
- Graduation from a California State accreditedÂ Firefighter I Academy (minimum of 348 hours), OR
- Certification as a Firefighter I from the California State Fire Marshal’s Office, OR
- One year of continuous experienceÂ as a full-time paid firefighter with a federal, state, county or local agency and have passed probation.
The following must be met by time of appointment:
- Valid California Driver License
- United States Citizenship
The following must be met prior to completion of probation:Â Â
- Must possess a CaliforniaÂ ClassÂ C Driver License with Firefighter Endorsement
- City of Huntington Beach On-line employment applications required.Â No walk-ins will be permitted.
- Respond to the supplemental questions to help us determineÂ your qualifications for this classification.
- Applications will be screened for completeness, required qualifications and applicable certifications.
- AllÂ results will be sent via email.Â Therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
- Please check any spam blocker you may have on your computerÂ to enableÂ your email accountÂ to receive our correspondence.
- Be prepared to upload and attach copies of all required certifications listed below to your on-line application.
- Copy of current driver license.
- Copy of California State EMT certification OR copy of National Registry EMTÂ certification.
- Copy of required certifications (CA accredited Firefighter IÂ Academy OR CSBFS Firefighter I OR copy of most recent paystub).
- Copy of CPAT or Biddle PAT certification.
- Follow the link to NationalÂ Testing Network to schedule and complete job simulation testing prior to the October 16, 2015, 10 pm deadline.
- Failure to provide copies of all required certifications as listed above at the time of application will result in disqualification.
- Expired or missing certifications will result in disqualification.
- Failure to schedule and complete job simulation testing by the deadline provided will result in disqualification.
- Please DOÂ NOTattach documents other than those requested to your on-line job application.Â Doing so could result in disqualification.
- CLICK HERE TO GO TO APPLICATION AND FULL JOB DESCRIPTION