Salary: $74,308.80 – $87,341.58 Annually
The Pasadena Fire department is pleased to announce its vacancy for Fire Fighter II-lateral. The Lateral Fire Fighter II is a journey level professional (non-trainee) position.Â The Fire department’s primary goal is “assuring community safety and security”, to learn more information about our Fire department please click here: Pasadena Fire departmentÂ
This exciting opportunity is being offered to current Fire Fighter II’s only.
Please note: Firefighter II employees may be eligible for a variety of benefits including Section 125 medical/dependent care accounts, Bilingual Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, Educational Incentive Pay and USAR Bonus and Paramedic Bonus.
Online applications are now being accepted!
MUST APPLY ONLINE
We will be accepting and reviewing applications until the position(s)Â are filled. Please note the posting may be closed at anytime.
Â Essential Functions:
The following represent some of the essential functions for this position for more detailed in formation please click here:Â job description
- Performs the full range of fire safety activities, including: lay hose; set up ladders
- Operates Fire Department equipment
- Conducts rescue and salvage work
- Administers first aid and assist in medical incidents
- Performs basic fire prevention and code enforcement duties, including life safety inspections
- Performs support and maintenance activities such as servicing fire hydrants, fire equipment maintenance and repair, and station and grounds maintenance
- Keeps abreast of current fire fighting methods and operations, city geography, and departmental policies and procedures
- Conducts public education and information activities including assisting in the preparation and dissemination of informational materials and making public presentations
- Performs vehicle and apparatus repair and maintenance
- May operate fire apparatus, and perform other related duties as assigned
Â Qualification Guidelines:
Candidates for lateral placement consideration must:
- Have at least 18 month ofÂ paid/non-probationary Firefighter experience with a state public agency (local government or comparable) in a suburban, urban or industrial setting.
- Have 18 months of combined Fire Fighter/ TraineeÂ experience with a California Public Agency (local government or comparable) in a suburban, urban or industrial setting.
- AÂ California State Marshal Fire Fighter II Certification or fulfill the requirements of California State Fire Marshal Fire Fighter II certification with 12 months of employment or equivalent.
- Successfully completed NFPA or State Certified Fire Academy.
- Have andÂ maintainÂ a California or National Registry Paramedic certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid California Class C drivers license withinÂ 10 daysÂ of employmentÂ and maintain as a condition of employment.
- Successfully pass aÂ physical fitness test comparableÂ to theÂ CPAT or Biddle at time of appointment.
- Successful candidates are required to agree to be a non-tobacco user and maintain Paramedic certification as a condition of employment.
- Basic knowledge of:
- Fire suppression, emergency medical services, and equipment and tools related to fire operations
- Ability to be trained, instructed and supervised in all aspects of fire suppression, fire prevention, and emergency medical procedures
- Ability to successfully complete the EMT-D certification process
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships in a community living environment and with the public.
- Possess the physical endurance and ability to perform a wide variety of strenuous fire suppression activities, to lift heavy loads, bend in all directions, climb ladders and poles, squeeze with arms and hands, pull and lower heavy loads, operate machinery using hands and legs, and work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Applicants who appear to be best qualified will be invited to any combination of written, performance, physical Â or oral appraisal to further evaluate their job related experience. Probationary test period is 12 months.
ThereÂ are currentlyÂ multipleÂ vacancies in theÂ Pasadena Fire DepartmentÂ which may be filled as a result of this examination. An eligibility list will be established to fill this vacancy and other vacancies that may occur.Â
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.