Deadline: September 30, 2015
Salary: $53,506.30 – $89,216.43 Per Year
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.Â Must be willing and able to obtain a Class A Non-Commercial Driver’s License within 18 months of employment and must be able to maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Hazardous Material Operations Certification within 18 months of employment and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Paramedic License within 18 months of employment and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card and Ladder Climb certification issued within one year of November 7, 2015.
- Must be between 21 and 34 years of age at the time of employment.Â If 35 years of age or over, must have previous experience as a Firefighter/Paramedic.Â If between the ages of 35 and 40, must have turned 35 while serving in reserve duty or active duty (with honorable discharge) in the military.
- Must not possess any misdemeanor or felony convictions in accordance with 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3(i).
- Must be able to successfully complete all requirements for a State of Illinois Firefighter II certification.
- Preferred qualifications include residency in Evanston ILÂ at the time of application, completion of a fire cadet program, possession of a paramedic license, graduation from a fire academy, and/or one year of active duty and honorable discharge from or reserve duty in the military.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.