Deadline: February 19, 2019
Salary: $55,554 Annually
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
- U.S. Citizenship;
- High school diploma (or its equivalent);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age by time of hire, unless otherwise exempt by statute;
- Submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency. Card must be dated within one year of the written exam date (3.23.18 – 3.23.19). Must have valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate at time of hire as well. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies;
- No felony convictions;
- Must be an Illinois certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) at time of hire;
- Must live within the city limits within one year after hire;
- Must be Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed Paramedic at time of hire;
- Must be accepted by the Illinois Valley Community Hospital EMS system at time of hire.
Required documentation due 2/19/19 at 4:00 p.m. (faxs, scans, emailed documents not accepted):
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release form (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship: can include: county/state-issued birth certificate, U.S. passport, naturalization papers
- Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb. Must be dated 3/23/18 – 3/23/19
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Eligible candidates must arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Testing will be held near LaSalle, IL – exact location will be released to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 2/19/19.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.