Firefighter – Lateral
Deadline: December 30, 2016
Salary: $46,620 Annually
The Aurora Fire Department is looking for candidates withÂ current or recentÂ Public Safety experience.
If you are motivated, self-directed, in good physical condition and believe in honor, duty and integrity, theÂ Aurora Fire Department can offer you a career likeÂ no other.Â
Examples of Duties:
- Responds to fire, rescue and emergency medical calls for service including providing fire suppression, emergency medical treatment, and assistance to technical rescue teams as assigned
- Responds to and stabilizes incident area in hazardous materials incidents
- Designates and establishes safe medical treatment area for the assessment, treatment, stabilization and transportation of patients according to medical protocol and level of emergency medical certification
- Participates in training to maintain and upgrade current physical fitness, fire fighting and emergency medical skills
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects apparatus and equipment checks every shift
- Cleans, maintains and performs duties related to the maintenance and repair of fire station facility and equipment
- Responds to requests for public assistance for moving invalids, welfare checks, smoke and Carbon Monoxide monitor checks, blood pressure, first aid standby and bomb threats
- Provides fire safety, prevention, health assessments, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid training in the public schools or to other community groups upon request
- Resolves routine problems encountered in performance of work assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
For more information visit theÂ AFD recruiting website.
- Click hereÂ for a list of minimum qualifications for a Lateral Firefighter applicants
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.