Deadline: July 29, 2016
The online application and required documentation must be submitted by July 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
- $25.00 non-refundable application processing fee
- S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Illinois licensed EMT-B at time of application (EMT-P required at time of hire)
- At least 19 and under 35 years of age at time of application and 21 years of age to be eligible for employment, unless otherwise provided by State or Federal law, local ordinance, or resolution
- Illinois State Fire Marshal Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter at time of appointment
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency as of August 18, 2016. Certifications considered valid if dated between 8/18/15-8/18/16. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 7/29/16, documentation is not accepted via email):
- Authorization Form
- Copy of HS Diploma or GED
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification
- Copy of Valid Illinois EMT-B license
- Copy of IL OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Ops Firefighter Certification (if applicable)
- Copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Saturday, August 27, 2016. Arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a valid ID to sign-in.
Test will be held at:
Lincolnshire-Riverwoods FPD, Fire Station 53
671 Woodlands Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Points will be awarded for veteran status, education, residency, and additional categories.
Application Processing Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (7/29/16 at 2:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
LRFPD is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.