Deadline: June 10, 2016
The City of Marion, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer governed by all applicable city ordinances and Illinois Compiled Statute (ILCS) requirements.
- The City of Marion Fire and Police Merit Board performs testing for the position of Probationary Firefighter every two years.
- From the passing candidates, a registry list is maintained for a period of two years.
- Passing candidates will only be eligible to test again after the two year period or when the current list has been exhausted.
- Should an applicant unsuccessfully complete any portion of the testing, they will be eligible to take the next test.
- Hiring will be executed from the list should an opening or need arise.
The Qualifications and Physical Fitness Assessment are as follows: (subject to change with notification)Â
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Age requirement
- Must be of good health and eye sight
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- No previous conviction of any felony, disqualifying misdemeanors, or Court-Martial (if prior military)
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
Physical Fitness Assessment: (Note: More detailed procedures provided in application packet.)
- Timed Distance Run
- Ladder Climb
- Manikin Drag
- Agility Run
- Flexed Arm Hang
- Confidence Course
Completed applications must be returned or postmarked to:
The City of Marion Fire Department
204 N. Court Street
Marion, IL 62959
On or before Friday, June 10, 2016 (no later than 5:00 PM)
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.