Deadline: July 12, 2017
Salary: $44,998.49 Annually
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Markham is now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
Testing is being conducted for up to 5 new hires and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The City of Markham Fire Department is a full-service fire department.
The community of Markham is spacious, serene and offers affordable housing. Markham is the Prairie Capital of the Prairie State with abundant wildlife and acres of virgin prairie land. Surrounded by easy access to major highways and to the City of Chicago, Markham is a natural hub for transportation, to all points in the nation.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 4:00 PM
(Note: This is not a postmark date)
Applications will be available online for purchase until 2:00 PM on 7/12/17
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Markham FD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid IL Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one upon hiring.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by last date for filing applications (7/12/17) and be under the age of 35 years old at the time of testing (7/29/17) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- Residency Requirements: Must reside within the 25 miles of the City of Markham boundaries at the time of appointment.
Additional information will be provided in the
application packet which can be Downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Markham Fire Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation
and test date:
Orientation, Physical and Written Examination:
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Orientation starts at 8:30 AM
Physical and Written Exam immediately following Orientation
16053 Richmond Avenue
Markham, IL 60428
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.