Deadline: March 18, 2016
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- Valid driver’s license
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- 21 to under 35 years of age as of March 18, 2016 unless otherwise exempt by statute
- S. Citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Residency within 20 miles of City of Mattoon corporate limits within 18 months of hire
- Valid CPAT/Ladder Climb at time of hire. Cards considered valid if issued within one year prior to time of hire.
- Valid EMT-Paramedic certification issued by the IL Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of hire
- Completion of application and submission of all required documents by 2:00 p.m. on March 18, 2016
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, April 9, 2016. Sign-in will be held from 9:00-9:30 a.m. (no late admittance). Test will be held at:
- Lake Land College – Field House, Rooms 101 and 103 5001 Lake Land Blvd, Mattoon, IL 61938
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.