Deadline: October 8, 2015
Salary: $41,905.00 Per Year
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Maywood is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter
Testing is being conducted for immediate hires and to establish a new eligibility list
The Maywood Fire Department enjoys a long and distinguished tradition of service to the community. Â In recent years, the Department has become a vital participant in a Mutual Aid Response system, which facilitates coordinated coverage and responses to emergency situations by Fire Departments throughout Chicagoâ€™s western suburbs.
Starting Salary: $41,905.00
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Â Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driverâ€™s License: Must Possess a valid Driverâ€™s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driverâ€™s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Â Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date of filing applications (10/08/15). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years on 10/24/15 (and when the final eligibility register is posted (anticipated in December) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 â€“ 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois or turned 35 while in the military and are under the age of 40.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: At this time there is no stated requirements for residency declared by the Village of Maywood.
- P.A.T.: Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification issued between 4/8/15 and 10/8/15. Â (Must provide a copy of certification in material support packet and brought with you on the day of testing)
The application deadline is:
October 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM (this is not a postmark date)
Applications will be available online for purchase until
10/8/2015 at 2:00 PMÂ AtÂ C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service website
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Maywood FD
200 W. Higgins Rd., Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. Â We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications. Please Note: Â The United States Postal Service has been very delayed with their deliveries.Â
Application fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation â€“ 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Emerson ElementaryÂ School
311 Washington Blvd.
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Maywood, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Test Taking Technique Class Available:
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
at 7:00 PM
Schaumburg office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E.
Personnel Testing Service
Optional Program Available to Applicants
Cost of the Class: $25.00
Call to reserve your spot