Deadline: August 15, 2018
Salary: $61,050 Annually
The online application and required documentation must be received by IOS Recruitment by 8/15/18 at 4:00 PM
The annual starting salary for a Mount Prospect firefighter for 2018 is currently $61,050. Individuals that already have their paramedic certification receive an additional $5,500 incentive for an annual starting salary of $66,550.
The Mount Prospect Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is charged with the appointment of all firefighters. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- $30.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have no felony convictions;
- Possess a High School Diploma (or its equivalent);
- Have not less than 60 college semester hours from a nationally accredited college/university (or its equivalent) – the following shall be deemed to be the equivalent of the number of college credits as set forth;
- Thirty (30) college semester equivalency hours for each full 12 months of non-disability service as a firefighter with another full-time, officially constituted and sanctioned fire department;
- Thirty (30) college semester equivalency hours for each full 12 months of active duty in the military service of the United States (honorable discharge). Persons who were solely reservists (without active duty) shall not be eligible to claim these credits;
- Thirty (30) college semester equivalency hours for demonstrating fluency in a language, other than English. Fluency shall mean a clearly demonstrated ability to read, write, and understand the language;
- Sixty (60) college semester equivalency hours for applicants who are certified by the State of Illinois as a Paramedic;
- Sixty (60) college semester equivalency hours for applicants who are certified by the State of Illinois, Office of the State Fire Marshal, as a Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter;
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License;
- Submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency before September 15, 2018 (card must be dated September 14, 2017 or later). Candidates taking the CPAT/Ladder Climb between the deadline date and the written exam date must submit all other application documents by the deadline and provide a copy of the CPAT/Ladder Climb as soon as it is obtained.
- Be 21 to under 35 years of age by the date of the application deadline (August 15, 2018), unless exempt by state statute.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 8/15/18 at 4:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email):
- Consent and Release Agreements and Authorization Forms
- Application Addendum
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record
- Copy of Official College Transcripts
- Copy of Documentation Equivalent to Semester Hours (see minimum requirements) – if applicable
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification
Preference Points are offered for the following categories:
- Veteran’s Status
- Education (Associate’s degree in Fire Science/EMS or Bachelor’s degree in any field)
The written exam will be conducted on Saturday, September 15, 2018 in Mount Prospect, IL. You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 9:00 a.m. to sign-in. Doors will open for sign-in at 8:30 a.m. Late arrivals will not be permitted. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible applicants prior to the test date.
Application Process Information
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (8/15/2018 at 4:00 PM).
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.