Deadline: April 7, 2016
Salary: $45,992.00 Annually
The Board of Civil Service Commissioners for the Village of North Riverside is now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
The North Riverside Fire Department provides emergency services to the Village, which encompasses approximately 2 1/2 square miles and a population of 6600 people. Because of the large commercial shopping districts, including North Riverside Mall, it is estimated that the fire department protects over 75,000 people during peak shopping periods. Services provided include fire suppression, advanced life support/paramedic services, hazardous materials mitigation, Technical Rescue, inspection services and various public safety education programs. North Riverside Fire Department proudly provides the highest quality of emergency services to the residence and the visitors of the Village.
Testing is being conducted to fill 3 open positions and to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
Starting Salary: $45,992.00
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid IL driver’s license or the ability to obtain one upon hiring.
- Age Requirements: Applicant must have attained their 21st birthday by 4/7/16. Applicants must be under the age of 35 on 4/23/16 and when the Final Eligibility Register is posted unless exempt for such age limitation as provided in Section 5/0-1-7 and 5/10-1-12 of the Civil Service Act.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- Residency: No residency requirements
- Certification: Must be certified as a Basic Operations Firefighter (formerly Firefighter II) by the Illinois State Fire Marshall’s Office ANDbe an EMT-B or EMT-P, at the time of application and at the time of original appointment.
- CPAT CARD with Ladder Climb is REQUIRED: Must have a valid CPAT Card with Ladder Climb, issued between the dates of 4/7/2015 and 4/7/2016 www.nipsta.org, www.sufd.org or www.centralillinoisfirechiefs.com.
Applications will be online for purchase until 2:00 PM on 4/7/16
The Application deadline is Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM (not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: North Riverside FD
200 W. Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 8:30 AM ~ Orientation
Written Exam immediately following
North Riverside Village Hall
2401 S. Des Plaines Ave.
North Riverside, IL 60546
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.