Deadline: April 7, 2016
Salary: $45,992.00 Annually
TheÂ Board ofÂ Civil Service Commissioners for the Village of North Riverside is now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
The North Riverside Fire Department provides emergency services to the Village, which encompasses approximately 2 1/2 square miles and a population of 6600 people. Â Because of the large commercial shopping districts, including North Riverside Mall, it is estimated that the fire department protects over 75,000 people during peak shopping periods. Â Services provided include fire suppression, advanced life support/paramedic services, hazardous materials mitigation, Technical Rescue, inspection services and various public safety education programs. Â North Riverside Fire Department proudly provides the highest quality of emergency services to the residence and the visitors of the Village.
Testing is being conducted to fill 3 open positions and to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
Starting Salary: $45,992.00
You must meet the minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Â Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driverâ€™s License: Â Must have a valid IL driverâ€™s license or the ability to obtain one upon hiring.
- Age Requirements: Â Applicant must have attained their 21st birthday byÂ 4/7/16. Â Applicants must be under the age of 35 on 4/23/16 and when the Final Eligibility Register is posted unless exempt for such age limitation as provided in Section 5/0-1-7 and 5/10-1-12 of the Civil Service Act.
- Education: Â Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Character: Â Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Â Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- Residency: Â No residency requirements
- Certification: Â Must be certified as aÂ Basic Operations Firefighter (formerly Firefighter II)Â by the Illinois State Fire Marshallâ€™s OfficeÂ ANDbe anÂ EMT-B or EMT-P, at the time of application and at the time of original appointment.
- CPAT CARD with Ladder Climb is REQUIRED: Â Must have a valid CPAT Card with Ladder Climb, issued between the dates of 4/7/2015 and 4/7/2016 www.nipsta.org, www.sufd.org or www.centralillinoisfirechiefs.com.
Applications will be online for purchase until 2:00 PM on 4/7/16
The Application deadline is Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM (not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: North Riverside FD
200 W. Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60195
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all of your material. Â We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Application fee is non-refundable
Adobe Reader is required for the application
It can be downloaded for free at:
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 8:30 AM ~ Orientation
Written Exam immediately following
North Riverside Village Hall
2401 S. Des Plaines Ave.
North Riverside, IL 60546
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.