Deadline: May 23, 2018
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee (paid online before accessing the online application)
- U.S. Citizenship
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- 18 to 31 years of age as of the date of appointment OR 31-35 years of age ONLY with prior firefighter service in the state of Ohio
- Applicants must have a valid Physical Agility Test Certificate from Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) at time of application deadline or no later than the date of the written examination (6/16/18) for admission to the examination. Certificates are considered valid only if issued no more than one year prior to the written test (6/16/17-6/16/18). All tasks in the physical agility test must be completed in 4.5 minutes or less
- Ohio Firefighter II Certificate and Ohio Paramedic License at time of appointment
- There will be a non-refundable $18.00 testing fee payable to the City of Painesville, 7 Richmond Street, PO Box 601, Painesville, OH 44077. Please mail or drop off payment at the Human Resources Department by June 15, 2018.
Additional Credit: information on additional credit is listed in the application packet (available after purchase). Additional credit documentation must be submitted by the application deadline (5/23/18 at 4:00 PM).
Required Documentation due by 4:00 PM (CST) on 5/23/18 – documentation must be mailed or hand delivered:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid Ohio driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid physical agility test certification issued by Tri-C (due by application deadline or written exam date)
- Additional credit documentation (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, June 16, 2018. Sign-in begins at 8:15 AM and closes at 8:30 AM – no late admittance. Arrive with a photo-ID to sign-in. Testing will take place at Harvey High School in Painesville, OH.
Application Process Information: When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM (CST) on May 23, 2018. Application fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.