Deadline: January 1, 2016
Salary: $63,227 Per Year
The eligibility requirements to be a Fire Fightersâ€™ and Police Officersâ€™ Civil Service Commission local rules. The following represents part of these requirements. Applicants must:
- Be at least 18 to 35 years of age at the time of testing. Must have reached 18 years of age as of the date of the exam, and not have reached 36 years of age as of the date of appointment.
- Be able to prove legal eligibility to work within the United States and work in this position within the State of Texas.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- All applicants for beginning positions in the Plano Fire Department shall possess the following educational credentials as of the exam date to be eligible to take the entrance examination:DO NOT SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- A high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate (GED)
- Current Certification as a â€œstructural fire fighterâ€ by the Texas Commission of Fire Protection
- Current Certification as an EMT Paramedic or a Licensed Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
To be eligible to take the exam:
- A properly completed Plano Fire Entrance Exam Application must be completed online before 12:00 p.m. on Friday, January 1, 2016. Select Apply below to submit your application.
- After submitting the completed application, if you are qualified to take the exam, an entrance slip will be emailed to you; the entrance slip will allow you entrance to the exam site.
Please review the list of disqualifications â€“ Causes for Disqualification for Fire Exam. Prior to submitting your application, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read these.
Candidates who are now discharged but have served a minimum of 180 consecutive days on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States may be eligible to receive five (5) additional points if:
- Receive an â€œHonorableâ€ discharge (General discharges under honorable conditions, etc. are not eligibility);
- Attach a DD214 to their applicant profile
- DD214 must be undeleted (must contain sections 23-30) and must be submitted before the completion of the exam
The eligibility list shall be in effect for one year from the date of examination, unless exhausted earlier.
Plano Fire Fighter are established by the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 143 and the City of Plano
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.