Deadline: November 2, 2017
Salary: $30,105.00 Annually
Performs responsible protective service work providing fire suppression and rescue services; does related work as required. Work is performed under immediate supervision. Much of the work is performed under emergency conditions and frequently involves considerable personal hazard.
Examples of Duties
Continuing training and instruction; responding to emergency fire and medical related situations; participating in fire suppression and rescue; maintaining equipment and facilities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Participates in continuing training and instruction program by group and individual study of technical material and attendance at scheduled drills and classes.
- Responds to alarms and assists in the suppression of fires, including rescue, entry, ventilating, salvage work, containment of hazardous materials, traffic control, crowd control, etc.
- Assists in maintaining fire apparatus and equipment and cleaning fire station and grounds.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains fire hose, pumps, hydrants and related equipment.
- Assists with preplanning and inspection activities.
- Conducts child safety seat and smoke alarm inspections and installations.
- Maintains required physical fitness through exercise, jogging, weightlifting, walking, etc.
- Performs other firefighting and related emergency tasks consistent with appropriate NFPA standard for position.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
Ability to learn technical firefighting principles and techniques and principles of hydraulics as applied to fire suppression; some knowledge of the street system and physical layout of the City; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform prolonged manual and mechanical work under adverse conditions; mechanical aptitude; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.