Salary: $34,827-$53,937 Annually
The City of Saginaw staffs a full-time Fire Department. Firefighters fight fires, respond to hazardous material incidents, administer first aid, answer rescue calls, inspect buildings for fire hazards, maintain equipment and stations, and perform other such related work as required daily. Tours of duty are 24 hours each; average number of tours is 2.25 weekly with 54 hours of duty a week.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Firefighter I and Firefighter II certifications are preferred, but are not required.
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• No felony convictions.
• Height must be in proportion to weight.
• Vision not less than 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye, correctable to 20/20 in one eye and 20/40 in the other eye. Must not have color vision defect.
• Must be in good physical health, free from any impediment of the senses, and in possession of extremities.
• Must possess normal hearing.
• Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s license at time of hire and maintain one throughout employment.
• Must successfully complete a 12-month probationary period.
Applicants must successfully pass a written test and an oral interview. Study guides are provided to prepare for the written test. Final candidates must also successfully pass a physical agility test, a background investigation, and all phases of a pre-employment medical exam to include drug testing and a psychiatric exam.
Applications are available from the Office of Human Resources, City Hall, Room 202, 1315 S. Washington Ave., Saginaw, MI 48601, Monday through Friday from 8 to 5 or at www.saginaw- mi.com under the “Find a Job” link on our home page. Continuous applications accepted. Females and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
BENEFITS: Subject to change in accordance with collective bargaining agreements
9-12 twenty-four hour vacation days per year based on seniorityShort & Long-Term Disability benefitsEmployee Credit UnionTuition Reimbursement ProgramEmployee Assistance ProgramUniforms furnishedFood AllowanceRetirement BenefitsHealth InsuranceLife InsuranceVision InsuranceHoliday payDental InsuranceDeferred Compensation Program
The City of Saginaw employs only United States citizens and individuals authorized to work in the United States, pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
The City of Saginaw does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its program and activities.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.